[Lexicog] lady bug

Fritz Goerling Fritz_Goerling at SIL.ORG
Thu Sep 15 21:15:02 UTC 2005

Is this little bug not also called lady-cow in English?  I might be wrong.
If it is, where does the idea of cow in Hebrew and English come from  as a
label
for this pretty little bug?
In German it is considered to bring luck. How do other languages and
cultures see it?

Fritz

About Moses it is easy. In Hebrew it is called "paarat Mosheh Rabbenu" -
i.e, the cow of of our Master Moses (a honorific title of Moses in Jewish
culture).

About the queen, I remember this by association. So I need to look in some
articles on the subject. I will write on this matter sometime later.

Best wishes,
Hayim

  _____