[Lexicog] Santa Claus and Father Christmas

Annie Zaenen zaenen at PARC.COM
Wed Dec 20 18:33:01 UTC 2006

It seems that it was Luther who messed it all up (not wanting St
Nikolaus) in catholic Germanic lge areas we still have St Nikolaus
and in the Netherlands, who didn't give in (maybe because they were
mainly calvinist: Northern Belgium, Austria, also Switzerland (again
Calvinism?) but, according to one of my friends one has also St
Nikolaus in Georgia!

Annie