[Lexicog] How do people use the \pd Paradigm field and other fields in Shoe/Toolbox?

Susan Gehr sgehr at KARUK.US
Tue Feb 7 23:09:13 UTC 2006

I'm helping some folks set up a dictionary database type for their language, and we're
considering using the fields listed under \pd Paradigm on page 25 of the book 'Making
Dictionaries: a guide to lexicography and MDF.

I have some questions before I tell them how to include the fields in their template and what
sort of data to put the fields:

How are those fields meant to be used / how do you use them in a way that works for you?

Is there any reason that one would not simply include all those fields in one's template?

Also, to use the fields listed under \pd (including \sg singular form, \pl plural form, \rd
reduplication form(s), must one have a \pd field above it in the hierarchy?

Thanks in advance for your help.