[Lexicog] questions about our professions

André Fairchild translator at INTERFOLD.COM
Sun Mar 19 19:43:25 UTC 2006

Hello everyone,
I'm more of a jack-of-all linguistic trades. I have been a translator and
interpreter for 29 years. My first full-time job as translator was at the
British Embassy in the Netherlands, over 29 years ago. Later, I began to do
medical translations, from various languages into English.

Nowadays, I suppose I'm a biomedical terminologist.
For the past six years, I have been compiling multilingual biomedical
dictionaries in Excel, simultaneously adding terms in seven European
languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Dutch, German, and Swedish.

My multilingual web portal has Links to medical-technical dictionaries and
biomedical glossaries in 23 languages.  It is a free service I offer to
interpreters, translators and medical professionals in English, Spanish,
French, Dutch, Portuguese, German & 17 other languages.

This DIRECTORY offers 2,030 links to medical and biomedical glossaries &
dictionaries in 23 languages.
Included are links to medical information sites & biomedical dictionaries &
glossaries: approx. 689 are in English, 294 are in Spanish, 225 in French,
128 in Portuguese, 134 in German, 115 in Dutch, 99 in Scandinavian
languages, 25 in Finnish, 50 in Italian, and 120 in other languages or
multilingual.  Links to these biomedical glossaries & dictionaries are
online at my biomedical links page
http://www.interfold.com/translator/medsites.htm
There are even medical sites in Japanese, Russian & Chinese.

In addition, you will find over 100 links to NON-medical glossaries and
dictionaries in eight
languages at http://www.interfold.com/translator/index.html

Finally, if you are interested in PRINTED biomedical dictionaries, i.e.,
books, I have a page with listings of over 105 dictionaries in nine
languages at http://www.interfold.com/translator/medbooks.htm

J'espère que mes informations peuvent vous intéresser.. :-)
Thank you.

André Fairchild
www.interfold.com/translator
online medical dictionaries in 23 languages
dictionnaires médicaux en ligne en 23 langues
diccionarios médicos en línea en 23 idiomas
dicionários médicos online em 23 idiomas
medicinka ordböcker online i 23 språk
medische woordenboeken online in 23 talen
medizinische Wörterbücher online in 23 Sprachen

If you should ever have any trouble replying to André's main email address,
please
send email to this alternate email address:  multilingual6 at yahoo.com