[Lexicog] Word of the year

Fritz Goerling Fritz_Goerling at SIL.ORG
Mon Dec 17 17:40:44 UTC 2007

Well, Governor,

You forgot to translate your answer into English. I‘ll do it. You asked ”How
do you say “w00t” in German?”

Based on my research on the best equivalents of “w00t” in German, published
in a recent 531 page dissertation, I came up with the result that “Hurrah”
is the best one, but it sounds a bit flat.

As you mention “Linienschiff”, it seems to me that you are knowledgeable of
“ships.” Do you happen to know what a “dreadnought” is?

So you are a Bundestrojaner. Verrry interrrestinck!

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year,

Fritz

Herr Doktor Goerling,

Danke Dr Goerling für das Wort des Jahres.
Wie sagen Sie "w00t“ auf Deutsch?

Der Linienschiff ist kaput!  Ich bin ein Bundestrojaner!

Steve White, International Computer Support - JAARS
Language_Support_JAARS at sil.org
704 843-6337, 1-800-215-7813