[Lexicog] dictionary making software

David Joffe david.joffe at TSHWANEDJE.COM
Wed Jun 20 19:09:54 UTC 2007

Hi,

While not OpenSource, I think the dictionary compilation software
TshwaneLex may meet most or all of your needs:

http://tshwanedje.com/tshwanelex/overview.html

 - David

On 20 Jun 2007 at 9:19, Marc Fryd wrote:

> Hi,
> I have seen numerous discussions on this list on existing dictionary making
> software, and my turn has now come to ask for help and advice to determine the
> best tool for my project!
> I need to build a pronouncing dictionary where word entries may be linked to
> IPA phonetic transcriptions (a specially designed and expanded Unicode font),
> with possible secondary pronunciation variants. The possibility of adding sound
> files illustrating those pronunciations would be great.
> It should be possible to structure the database to account for Part of Speech or
> other such features.
> The possibility should exist of setting up hyperlinks between word entries.
> Also, quite importantly, powerful search facilities should allow advanced
> phoneme search in the phonetic transcription fields (and also ideally combined
> graphemic and phonemic searches).
> Obviously, openness of the source codes would be a plus if, as is likely,
> expansion of existing features is required.
> Marc

---
http://tshwanedje.com/
TshwaneDJe Human Language Technology