[Lexicog] visual dictionaries

Nicholas Thieberger thien at UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Wed Mar 21 22:55:46 UTC 2007

Ron,

There are a number of picture dictionaries for Australian languages,
those from Central Australia can be ordered here:

http://shopping.iad.edu.au/store/listCategoriesAndProducts.shop?idCategory=16

An early and nicely illustrated one is Wilf Douglas 1977 Illustrated
topical dictionary of the western desert language : Warburton Ranges
dialect, Western Australia

Goddard, C. (1982)  Pitjantjatjara/Yankunytjatjara picture
vocabulary, IAD, Alice Springs.

There are a number of others in similar forms

I scanned the artwork for the IAD picture dictionary and it is
available via ASEDA, see
http://tinyurl.com/2e5wgv

Nick

--

Project Manager
PARADISEC

nicholas.thieberger at paradisec.org.au
Department of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
University of Melbourne
Vic 3010
Australia

Ph 61 (0)3 8344 5185