[Lexicog] Hebrew and Greek Shoebox databases

Hayim Sheynin hsheynin19444 at YAHOO.COM
Thu May 3 20:27:06 UTC 2007

Dear Ron,

Can you tell me, how I can purchase this Toolbox Biblical Greek dictionary. Is it for Septuagint and New Testament or only for NT? How much does it cost and from whom can I order it?

Excuse me for so many questions.

Sincerely,

Hayim Y. Sheynin

Ron Moe <ron_moe at sil.org> wrote:
  I have a Toolbox lexicon for Biblical Greek that has minimal glosses, but fairly extensive morphological information. At least it has all the words, plus paradigm information (genitive ending for nouns), part of speech, root, morphological breakdown of complex forms, etc. I also have a Toolbox version of Louw and Nida’s dictionary that I am working on. (I’ve also loaded it into FieldWorks.) I’m merging my dictionary with Louw and Nida’s to create a more useful version of Louw and Nida. But I can’t distribute it because of copyright restrictions. If you got permission from UBS, I could give you a copy.

  Ron Moe

---------------------------------

  From: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com [mailto:lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Fritz Goerling
 Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 7:47 AM
 To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
 Subject: [Lexicog] Hebrew and Greek Shoebox databases

        A colleague of mine asked the following question:

 Please does anyone know if there are Biblical Hebrew and Greek
 Shoebox/Toolbox lexicons available (i.e. where the lexical entry \lx is
 the Hebrew or Greek word) where a translator could add an extra field
 with the word(s) they use in their local language translation?

 Fritz Goerling

 Checked by AVG Free Edition.

 Checked by AVG Free Edition.