[Lexicog] Frequency & Attendant Words/Phrases for Lex. Entry

Randy Radney radney at TWU.CA
Thu May 31 00:16:05 UTC 2007

Speaking as someone who just had to look up the terms _anneal_ and
_spoliator_ used by non-native speakers in recent essays (albeit, the
former case was a rather bizarre use of a verb 'to anneal' in a
syntactic construction where it would have been appropriate to use a
noun: 'The anneal of business experience'), I believe anything that
would help communicators assess the likelihood that their readers
(and still more, hearers) would be able to understand terms used
would be a good thing.
Cheers,
radney
(J. Randolph Radney, Ph. D.