[Lexicog] Reduplication

dick_watson at SIL.ORG dick_watson at SIL.ORG
Wed Jul 2 15:14:58 UTC 2008

Mon-Khmer languages of the Austro-Asiatic phylum have a lot of
reduplication. My M.A. thesis (referenced below) focused on the
phonological reduplication in ideophones, but also covered morphological
and syntactic reduplication.  There are ten kinds of morphological
reduplication. The syntactic reduplication is also described in the Lingua
article.
Watson, Richard L. l966a. "Clause to sentence gradations in Pacoh." Lingua
l6.l66-89.
_____. l966b. Reduplication in Pacoh. (Hartford studies in linguistics 2l,
xi, 138 pp.) Hartford: Hartford Seminary Foundation.