[Lexicog] question about markers

Dimitris midiostri at YAHOO.CO.UK
Thu Mar 20 08:25:53 UTC 2008

dear friends,

Personally, I don't think I'll need interlinearizing so, maybe this
makesit a little easier for me.

I have entered 60 records in my lexicon in order to test things and
understand better the markers. I have chosen to use \de instead of \ge
since I rather give definitions and \de overrides \ge anyway but after
reading your posts I think I will go back and add \ge for more complete
records.

Note that, in my example, kaboo has no meaning by itself. It is only
used in this expression and it is the expression that means 'stoned'.

Is it acceptable to leave the \lx without a \ge and a \de and only
supplythe \se with these? (it does seem rational) Like this:

\lx kaboo
\ps n
\se kaboo and happy
\ge stoned
\de stoned

Further, I'm still not sure how to get the text 'in the expression'  in
the lexicon entry. Remember that I meant to have it like this:

kaboo n in the expression "kaboo and happy" stoned

Which is the way I've seen it done in quality Greek dictionaries.
thanks for all the discussion :^)
Dimitris