[Lexicog] MDFdict files and toolbox export

Dimitris midiostri at YAHOO.CO.UK
Wed Mar 26 18:07:54 UTC 2008

dear friends,

I have entered more than 350 records in my toolbox lexicon and as I do
so, I'm constantly checking the rtf export, trying to adjust it to my
liking.

I have been experimenting with MDFdict2.cct and I've managed to solve
some of my problems; for example, etymologies are between square
brackets now and variants (\va) are printed exactly after the lexeme
instead of appearing at the end of the entry.

Nevertheless, some problems remain.

First of all, I saw no other way to have it the way I need it, than
introducing two new markers \ar for the article (in case of nouns) and
\gs for grammatical notes (on the declension, for example).

Of course, I've only used them in one record: I need to have some
descent export before I proceed with using them through out my project.

I have included the new markers in MDFdict1.cct and I have been trying
this and that in MDFdict2.cct but no matter how hard I try (and believe
me, I have wasted lots of hours!) I cannot have them the way I want.

For example:
/lx synitheia
/ar i
/va synitheio
/ar to
/de blah blah

should output this:

synitheia (i) and synitheio (to) blah blah

And I wonder: Is there some easy way to format the Toolbox output or at
least some tutorial on how to use the cct files?

What do other Toolbox users do? do they all print according to this one
predefined Toolbox standard?

thanks again :^)
Dimitris