[Lexicog] Spellchecking Unicode in MS-Office

Bill Poser billposer at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Sat Nov 15 05:02:22 UTC 2008

What MS Word recognizes as a character that can belong to a word in
a particular locale is a feature of MS Word, not of Unicode. Unicode
does assign properties to characters which identify them as letters,
punctuation, etc., but these properties do not vary with language and
are appropriately set for U+021F, which is classified as a lower case
letter.

What you need to do is to find out how to define a new locale
for Lakota so that you can include this character in the list of
word characters. I'm afraid that I don't know how to do this as I
don't use Microsoft products.

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com