[Lexicog] lexical relation

Ronald Moe ron_moe at SIL.ORG
Wed Apr 29 23:58:22 UTC 2009

I should have mentioned one other thing. I would recommend that a reference
to a domain in an appendix be formatted as follows:

madali  Vsta slippery (see 7.2.1.5.1 Sororo)

If space was at a premium, this could even be shortened to:

madali  Vsta slippery (7.2.1.5.1)

Users would very quickly get used to seeing a domain reference at the end of
the entry, especially if the appendix were a large section at the end of the
book. The appendix entry might look something like this:

7.2.1.5.1 Sororo

madali, sororo, .

In a bilingual dictionary you might want to also include the gloss:

7.2.1.5.1 Sororo 'slip'

madali 'slippery', sororo 'slip', .

Ron Moe

  _____