[Lexicog] A bit of orientation needed! (Dictionary Solftware)

Wayne Leman wayne_leman at SIL.ORG
Sun Feb 15 04:05:11 UTC 2009

Mucho gusto Jorcaiba! To find out if some SIL programs can do what you wish, for instance for posting to the Internet, see this list of online dictionaries:

http://www.lexiquepro.com/library.htm

Wayne
-----
Wayne Leman
Cheyenne dictionary online:
http://cheyenne.110mb.com

Ninilchik Russian online:
http://ninilchik.noadsfree.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: jorcaiba
  To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2009 6:30 PM
  Subject: [Lexicog] A bit of orientation needed! (Dictionary Solftware)

  Hello everybody! I'm a Romance filology student and I'm very glad to
  have found this group about lexicography! For the last two years I've
  been trying to develop a multilingual dictionary of Latin and ALL the
  Romance languages, but haven't found the right (free) software for it.
  Any suggestions? I've had a look at the different software programs
  that www.sil.org offers, but I'm not sure if they are obsolete or if
  they are the best than one can get for free (or at a reasonable
  prize). Any alternatives? Once I'm finished with the dictionary I'd
  like to publish it on the Internet, or at least be able to export it
  as a .pdf file. My main problem is that I'm dealing with many
  languages at the same time! And I'm still using Words, so I'm in a
  dramatical situation :) Thank you all very much for your help!!!