[Lexicog] problem with lexique pro

foxman350 naomi.e.fox at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 27 06:53:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm having a problem with Lexique Pro and I'm hoping someone on the list can help me or point me to an information source.

I'm creating a sample dictionary for a Shoshone tribe who wants to make a talking dictionary, I think Lexique is an appropriate tool for them to use, at least for the display. I've created a sample with 5 entries with pictures, sound files, and example sentence sound files. Everything is working fine except the sound files will not play. I have tried various file paths, including placing the sound file in the same folder as the database and using only the filename, and also placing all of the files in a separate folder directly under the c: drive to  make the path simple, but neither of these caused the sound files to play. However, the pictures (which are in the same directory) displayed fine with both of these, so I think the problem is not with the file path itself. I really don't know what the problem is, so I'd appreciate any ideas.

Best,
Naomi

Naomi Fox
Center for American Indian Languages