[Lexicog] non-phonetic pronunciation or simple (re)spelled pronunciation

Tue Dec 20 21:56:23 UTC 2011

Tom Zurinskas (http://truespel.com/) has heavily promoted his idea to teach all American children to pronounce words the same way, using his modified spelling system that he calls "truespel."

He has made it clear that he sometimes refers to the online Webster's dictionary for pronunciations.

The link includes his books and an online lookup.

HTH
Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA