[Lexicog] A must-have list for lexicography

'SIEGEL, Jason' jason.siegel@cavehill.uwi.edu [lexicographylist] lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Thu Sep 3 18:17:05 UTC 2015

Dear all,

I would like to enhance the holdings of the Centre for Caribbean Lexicography that I run here in Barbados with some classic works on lexicography, to serve as a resource for any future graduate and undergraduate students doing research with us. What are some landmark texts, be they articles, books, or even dictionaries themselves, that you believe would be of interest to students working on a broad range of topics? There are no language restrictions, so I encourage texts from any area of the world. Ideally, such a list could serve as a sort of Ph.D. reading list for students to be examined in lexicography. Please e-mail me directly at jason.siegel at cavehill.uwi.edu<mailto:jason.siegel at cavehill.uwi.edu> (and feel free — but not obligated — to attach any cited articles if you have them handy). In a month, I will send out a follow-up message that organizes the suggestions into a single, comprehensive list for everyone to consult.

Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to take the time out of their day to contribute to this project.

Best,

Jason F. Siegel, Ph.D.
Research Fellow in Lexicography
Director, Centre for Caribbean Lexicography
University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus
St. Michael
Barbados
jason.siegel at cavehill.uwi.edu<mailto:jason.siegel at cavehill.uwi.edu>
1-246-417-4468