LFG of incorporating language

Jane Simpson jhs at mail.usyd.edu.au
Thu Aug 13 22:05:11 UTC 1998

There certainly are brute force ways of doing it -- assigning grammatical
functions in the morphology. I discussed this briefly for Sadock's
Greenlandic Eskimo data in my book "Warlpiri morpho-syntax". However,
this leaves untouched the interesting question of why animate agents are
highly unlikely to incorporate.  Stephen Wilson
<swilson at sultry.arts.usyd.edu.au>, and Mark Harvey
<lnmdh at cc.newcastle.edu.au> have put some thought into different kinds of
complex predicates and incorporations in Australian languages.

Jane Simpson <jhs at mail.usyd.edu.au>
postal: Linguistics, Transient Building F12, Sydney University NSW 2006
http://www.sultry.arts.su.edu.au/ling/staff/Jane_Simpson.html