Announcement: The LFG Archive

Joan Bresnan bresnan at Csli.Stanford.EDU
Wed Jun 17 05:52:44 UTC 1998

***************************
******* LFG Archive *******
***************************

On behalf of the ILFGA Executive Committee and Officers, I'm happy to
announce that the LFG Archive is now open for submission and for
downloading of lfg-related work such as prepublication papers, working
drafts, and dissertations.

Just click the "Archive of Papers" link on the Stanford LFG Web Site:

    http://www-lfg.stanford.edu/lfg/

or go directly to the archive:

    http://www-lfg.stanford.edu/lfg/archive/

where you will find instructions.

Papers are also available by anonymous ftp from
ftp-lfg.stanford.edu/pub/lfg/papers/.

We would like to encourage everyone to submit their lfg-related work,
including older ("legacy") papers that may be hard to obtain.  When
your submission appears on the web page, please send out an email
posting to the lfg-list announcing it availability (with an optional
abstract).  This will serve a very valuable function of providing
automatic notification of relevant research to those interested, and
adds value to the list.

***
*** Students are especially encouraged to submit their work.
*** Dissertations are welcomed, including older works that may
*** be relatively inaccessible.
***

This new resource has been made available by the work of many people,
most notably the generousity, hard work, and skill of Avery Andrews,
the LFG Bibliographer.  In addition, the ILFGA executive committee and
officers contributed advice, expertise, and assistance.  We can also
thank Ron Kaplan and Xerox PARC for contributing the hard disk to
Stanford Linguistics.

Upload early and often, and download with abandon!

Joan

Joan Bresnan	bresnan at stanford.edu           ______     _`\<,_    _`\<,_