LFG System for Mac

Bruce Mayo Bruce.Mayo at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Mar 3 13:55:55 UTC 1998

Hi Mac fans,
>I've finally got my little `lfgw' system for Windows to work under
>Win95, so anyone who'd be interested in trying it out but hasn't been
>able to due to having Win95 rather than Win 3.1 can collect it from:
> Avery.Andrews at anu.edu.au

A. B. Bodomo wrote,
>Does anyone know if there is a MacIntosh version of what is being described
>here by Avery ? I would be very interested in that.

I have a now fairly extensive LFG system, called KLU, for the Mac, which
I'm more than happy to share, but it requires a fairly expensive licence
for Prolog II+ from PrologIA, Marseille, France. This is, however, a very
stable, fast and well-developed Prolog, and I would say it is well worth
the investment for anyone even dabbling in compuational linguistics.

My system was developed mainly for exploring issues in morphology, and it
implements mechanisms for word segmentation, allomorphy and semantic
analysis. Allomorphy and semantics are done in Prolog. If there is
interest, I will have the sources and documents installed on our web site.
Having been developed in the French department of a German university, much
of its documentation in German, the (small) grammars we have are for French
and Italian -- and the errors messages are sometimes in English, French or
German.

Greetings, Bruce