Little LFG for Windows System

Avery.Andrews at anu.edu.au Avery.Andrews at anu.edu.au
Wed Mar 4 18:09:24 UTC 1998

LFGW is a quick port to Windows of an earlier system LFG-PC, which ran
under Dos; the main claim to fame of both of these systems is ease of
use and modest resource requirements (LFG-PC will actually run and was
originally developed on an XT-class machine with no hard drive; the
Windows version is more demanding because it is in a real Prolog rather than
PDC Prolog).  These virtues come at the price of considerable limitations
in the size of grammars and kinds of features supported.  In fact not even
long-distance dependencies, because I've never noticed that students
learning syntax (the target users) have any trouble with this, while
basic phrase-structure and grammatical relations seem to cause a lot of
trouble.

I'm actually rather unsure of how far to push it; after all if you want
something comprehensive there's GWB and other such things around, I see
no point in trying to compete with them.  Anyway the web-page is:

  http://www-csli.stanford.edu/users/andrews/lfgw.html

  Avery.Andrews at anu.edu.au