LFG and expletives

Beek L.J.van der vdbeek at let.rug.nl
Wed Nov 17 12:42:18 UTC 2004

dear nina,

> Van der Beek, Leonoor and Gerlof Bouma. 2004. The Role of the Lexicon
> in Optimality Theoretic Syntax. To appear in: Miriam Butt and Tracy
> Holloway King (eds.), Proceedings of the LFG'04 Conference. CSLI
> Publications.

you can download a version of this from my website (there's also the LFG03
paper on dutch it-clefts, but i do not assume 'it' to be an expletive
there).

furthermore, you could look at other work by judith berman, such as

Berman, J. (1999): Does German Satisfy the Subject Condition? Proceedings
of the LFG99 Conference.

Berman, J. (2000): Topics in the Clausal Syntax of German. Doctoral
Dissertation. University of Stuttgart.

Berman, J. (2001): On the Cooccurrence of Es with a Finite Clause in
German. In: T. Kiss and D. Meurers (eds.), Constraint-Based Approaches to
Germanic Syntax. Stanford, CA: CSLI. 7-30.

best,
leonoor

Leonoor van der Beek, vdbeek at let.rug.nl
http://odur.let.rug.nl/~vdbeek
Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, Informatiekunde
Pb 716, 9700 AS Groningen, The Netherlands
tel. +31.50.3635977, fax  +31.50.3636855