English PS-rules for NP/QP

Koenraad de Smedt desmedt at uib.no
Tue Feb 13 16:10:17 UTC 2007

George Aaron Broadwell wrote the following on 9-2-2007 17:25:
> Can someone direct me to some phrase structure rules for English NP/QP
> that would actually produce the correct results for examples like the
> following?

The enclosed table is not in terms of rules as you wanted, and may not
cover everything you want, but I have always found it useful for
adnominal sequences before the head in English NPs.  Reference in BibTeX
is below.

K.

@book{Dekeyser79,
    Address = {Antwerpen/Amsterdam},
    Author = {Dekeyser, Xavier and Devriendt, Betty and Tops, Guy A. J.
and Geukens, Steven},
    Booktitle = {Foundations of English grammar},
    Publisher = {De Nederlandsche Boekhandel},
    Title = {Foundations of English grammar},
    Year = {1979}}