LFG 2008 - First call for papers (revised)

Josef van Genabith josef at COMPUTING.DCU.IE
Wed Nov 7 12:37:21 UTC 2007

I agree with Chris' analysis.

The question is how to best achieve a good balance between quality and
diversity.

I'd put emphasis on quality for the main session of the conference: an
LFG conference which has two good papers (no matter what authors and/or
subject areas) is more interesting than the one with one good paper and
perhaps another more mediocre paper (which got in due to some
restrictions on number of submissions (author/subject area etc.)).

Diversity can (and should) be supported by the other instruments
available to us: including poster sessions, workshops, student sessions
and panels.

Best regards,

Josef