parsed sentence

Helge Dyvik helge.dyvik at LLE.UIB.NO
Fri Aug 7 10:07:13 UTC 2009

Since Mary mentions our XLE web interface at
http://decentius.aksis.uib.no/logon/xle-mrs.xml , I should point out
that the sentence "Er ist mir langweilig." actually does parse there.
Martin's reply indicates that it shouldn't and that we should update
our German grammar.

Best,
Helge

På 7. aug. 2009 kl. 02.30 skrev Martin Forst:

> Hi Gee,
>
>> Can anyone please send me the parsed German sentence "Er ist mir
>> langweilig" in LFG framework?
>
> "Er ist mir langweilig." is not a good sentence of German, so the
> German ParGram LFG only provides a fragment analysis for it. I guess
> you were interested in either "Es ist mir langweilig." or "Mir ist
> langweilig.", so I'm sending you the c- and f-structures the grammar
> produces for these. People may argue about the (f-structure) analysis
> of the Vorfeld-es in the former, but overall, I think the analyses are
> sensible.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Martin
> GRATIS für alle WEB.DE-Nutzer: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!
> Jetzt freischalten unter http://movieflat.web.de
>
> <es-ist-mir-langweilig-cs.eps><mir-ist-langweilig-fs.eps><es-ist-mir-
> langweilig-fs.eps><mir-ist-langweilig-cs.eps>
Professor Helge J. Jakhelln Dyvik
Institutt for lingvistiske, litterære og estetiske studier
Faggruppe for lingvistiske fag
Universitetet i Bergen
Sydnesplassen 7  	  	Tel.: +47 55582261
5007 Bergen              	E-post: helge.dyvik at lle.uib.no