LFG systems and LFG computer implementations

Stefan Müller Stefan.Mueller at fu-berlin.de
Tue Mar 30 15:18:26 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am about to finish a text book about grammar theory and I want to list
systems for processing LFG and grammars that have been implemented on
computers. Currently I have the following systems/references:

Frey und Reyle: 1983a,b,
Yasukawa: 1984,
Block und Hunze: 1986,
Eisele und Dorre: 1986,
Wada und Asher: 1986,
Butt, King, Niño und Segond: 1999, Butt, Dyvik, King, Masuichi und
Rohrer: 2002

I am probably missing relevant pointers ...

As far as languages are concerned, I found:

• Arabisch (Attia: 2008)
• Bengalisch (Sengupta und Chaudhuri: 1997),
• Dänisch (Ørsnes: 2002, Ørsnes und Wedekind: 2003, 2004)
• Deutsch (Rohrer: 1996, Berman: 1996, Kuhn und Rohrer: 1997, Forst:
2006, Forst und Rohrer: 2009)
• Englisch (King und Maxwell III: 2007)
• Französisch (Frank: 1996)
• Georgisch (Meurer: 2009)
• Indonesisch (Arka, Andrews, Dalrymple, Mistica und Simpson: 2009)
• Japanisch (Umemoto: 2006)
• Malagasy
• Mandarin Chinesisch (Fang und King: 2007)
• Norwegisch (Ørsnes und Wedekind: 2003, 2004)
• Spanisch
• Tigrinya
• Türkisch (Çetinoglu und Oflazer: 2006)
• Ungarisch
• Urdu/Hindi (Butt, King und Roth: 2007, Bögel, Butt und Sulger: 2008)
• Vietnamesisch
• Walisisch

Again the list is probably incomplete and the references inappropriate.
For some languages I could find an online demo, but no papers. Ideally I
want to give credit to all of the authors who worked at a grammar some
time. The ideal paper for my purpose is a paper that describes
linguistic aspects and mentions the implementation (example Christian
Rohrers paper about coherent constructions in German).

If there are high profile publications that are based on implementations
without mentioning this, I would also be interested in learning about
this (for instance Dalrymple/Kaplan's coordination analysis, implemented?).

Thank you very much and greetings from Berlin

        Stefan

--
Stefan Müller       Tel: (+49) (+30) 838 52973
                    Fax: (+49) (030) 838 4 52973

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/~stefan/

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/~stefan/Babel/Interaktiv/