more about Yehuda -- a turn for the worse

Joan Bresnan bresnan at STANFORD.EDU
Wed Jun 20 20:07:52 UTC 2012

Many have asked what is  the latest about Yehuda, and I'm sorry that this
morning's news
is bleak.   On June 5 Brandel received word that Yehuda's condition is
caused by
necrotizing fasciitis (or flesh-eating bacteria), but as we heard in the
more recent update
conveyed by Mary Dalrymple on June 17, he was showing signs of improvement.
Now Brandel has sent out the following message, which I received this
morning in California, having
just returned last night from The Netherlands.

--Joan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brandel D. Falk <ImaBDF at inter.net.il>
Date: Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 7:18 AM
Subject: Today...

    The news today is really bad...bleak...and I don't think it's (merely)
the difference between pessimistic and optimistic doctors this time...

    I kind of knew it two days ago when the doctor wanted to know if I'd be
at the hospital the next day and even more so yesterday when he asked again
when one of my adult sons was there, but he wanted to see me.  I knew for
sure the news would be bad when the social worker (and duty nurse) were
going to sit in on the doctor's report and she gave me a lame excuse.

    The tissue that they need to close up Yehuda's back is turning
necrotic, and they don't think there's another way to close the open wound.
 And, of course, there's no way to live with a huge open wound...

    The top plastic surgeon in this entire part of the world will be making
an evaluation of the situation.  I hope to be able to speak with him and
ask questions.

Brandel

Thieves broke into police headquarters and stole all the toilets.

The police have nothing to go on...

--
Joan Bresnan
Stanford University