[LFG] LFG-Conference domain name

Damir Cavar damir at linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 29 18:39:38 UTC 2015

Dear colleagues,

the domain name:

lfg-conference.org

is expiring in October. I decided in 2014 to buy this domain and host
the LFG 2014 conference page in Ann Arbor on the site. Some time ago I
suggested that we could use it to host copies of past LFG-conference
sites (and all the new ones, too) on this domain (which we linked to one
of our LINGUIST List servers, i.e. it comes with some space for pages, too).

We received some comments that it might be a good idea to keep the
domain and use the space to backup old conference sites. Since then no
further action followed (i.e. we did not get material to host, no
request by some other organizer to use the domain name or space etc.).

The costs for this domain hosted at GoDaddy are in the rage of $ 18 plus
tax per year. LINGUIST could maintain this domain name and space, but we
have rather high server and domain name costs in general, but an
extremely low budget. If the LFG community wants to take over the domain
name and costs or rather support LINGUIST in some way so that it
maintains it, let us know. The expiration for the domain is 28th of
October this year.

We can extend this reservation and pay for another year now, if there is
interest, and hopefully some of you will remember that, when we call for
LINGUIST support next time (in December this year, most likely). :-)

Any suggestions?

Best wishes

Damir

--