Membership milestone

tahereh ahmadipour tahereh_ahmadipour at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 05:24:14 UTC 2004

"Harold F. Schiffman" <haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu> wrote:Dear members of the Consortium for Language Policy and Planning,

Last week we passed a milestone: we now have just over 200 members, and
still growing. Thanks to all of you for helping make this consortium a
success!

I would add only one caveat at this time: postings must be signed by the
person (not organization) sending them; violations of this policy will
result in the violator being dropped from the list. We have managed
rather successfully up to now in keeping this list spam-free, so I hope we
can continue to do so.

Yours sincerely,

H. Schiffman
List-owner

Dear Professor Schiffman,

Congratulations for the sucess that you mentioned.I appreciate you for all useful activities that you do for this consortium.

This is the first time that I am a member of such a consortium.I am very glad and excited for that.I do not know anything about the policy that you talked about, I mean"...posting must be signed by ..." . I can not get the point.Please if it is possible guide me in that,because I do not want to "drop from the list.." absolutely.

Best regards

Tahereh Ahmadipour

lecturer of linguistics

Vali-Asr university