USA: 'Muslim reformation' and new Koran translation

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 18:04:00 UTC 2008

I have always been under the impression that while translations of the Koran
do exist,
they are not considered "valid".  Only the original Arabic one is "valid".
Of course one
could argue about what "validity" means, but at least people don't claim
that the King James
version of the Christian Bible is not "valid" but of course there have been
people who did condemn
certain translations  as "heretical" so there's another term for all to
contemplate!

HSchiffman

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com