Now available: "Language, Emotion, and Politics in South India: The Making of a Mother Tongue (Contemporary Indian Studies)" by Lisa Mitchell on Amazon.com

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 14:29:52 UTC 2009

 Forwarded From: Amazon.com <books-store at amazon.com>

Language, Emotion, and Politics in South India: The Making of a Mother
Tongue (Contemporary Indian Studies)
Lisa Mitchell
Price: $65.00

Release Date: May 1, 2009

Other Versions and Languages
Paperback

Review
"Written with great zest and clarity, this book deepens our
understanding of the complex relationships among linguistic identity,
state formation, and individual political participation in South
India." Martha Ann Selby, University of Texas "An exceptionally
provocative work, unparalleled and unprecedented, that will certainly
exert a profound impact on many areas of scholarship - even, I
believe, outside of the area of Indian studies... A wide-ranging and
exhilarating intellectual roller-coaster ride." Phillip B. Wagoner,
Wesleyan University

http://amazon.com

Special note from moderator:  I do not usually forward advertising to
the list, but this
item is rather special, I think, so I'm breaking my rule for once.  (HS)