[lg policy] Saskatchewan: GOVERNMENT RECEIVES THE FIRST REPORT OF THE ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON FRANCOPHONE AFFAIRS

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 17 15:02:05 UTC 2009

GOVERNMENT RECEIVES THE FIRST REPORT OF THE ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON
FRANCOPHONE AFFAIRS

 Provincial Secretary and Minister responsible for Francophone Affairs
June Draude received the first report of the Advisory Committee on
Francophone Affairs at their quarterly meeting today. The report
presents recommendations based on surveys and consultation with
government ministries, Crown corporations and agencies, as well as
Francophone stakeholders conducted by the committee in May and June
2009.

"I want to thank the committee for doing such extensive research and
providing government with relevant recommendations," Draude said.
"Their work and expertise will help us identify the best ways to
enable the growth of our Francophone communities and the growth of our
province."  The report contains six recommendations to raise awareness
of both the general public and the public service about the Government
of Saskatchewan's French-language Services Policy, and to support and
retain Francophone youth within the province.

"The committee's findings show that we are on the right track with
initiatives we are working on to further the implementation of the
French-languages Services Policy and better support French speakers in
Saskatchewan," Draude said. "The government's "Bonjour!" campaign and
the French-language Services Centre that will be launched in the
coming months will do much to address some of these recommendations."

The committee was appointed last January to advise the Provincial
Secretary through the review and analysis of French-language programs
and policies and to guide the implementation of Saskatchewan's
French-language Services Policy. Providing services in French allows
the government to meet the needs of the people of Saskatchewan while
attracting French newcomers to our province.

The committee's report, Saskatchewan's French-language Services Policy
and details of the "Bonjour!" campaign are available in English and
French at www.ops.gov.sk.ca.

-30-

For more information, contact:

Nicole Fellinger
Office of the Provincial Secretary
Regina
Phone: 306-787-1370
Email: nicole.fellinger at gov.sk.ca
Cell: 306-527-8412

Related Documents
 Commiittee Report FRENCH.pdf (12.4 KB)

http://www.gov.sk.ca/news?newsId=c85947c6-8bc0-4d73-9fa3-96add289ca7f
Members who disagree with a message are encouraged to post a rebuttal.
(H. Schiffman, Moderator)