[lg policy] Canada: Employees lose Via Rail language policy challenge

Dave Sayers dave.sayers at CANTAB.NET
Sat Jun 19 11:24:32 UTC 2010

Some other interesting refs on the tensions of between existing
‘authentic’ native speakers and new second-language learners:

Lyster, R. 1987. Speaking immersion. Canadian Modern Language Review
43(4): 701–717.

Robert, E. 2009. Accommodating ‘‘new’’ speakers? An attitudinal
investigation of L2 speakers of Welsh in south-east Wales. International
Journal of the Sociology of Language 195: 93–116.

I think there's a fairly weighty sociolinguistic literature on
'authenticity' more generally.

Dave

--
Dr. Dave Sayers