[lg policy] Muslims and education

Zaidi manoo at BRUNET.BN
Tue May 3 11:42:50 UTC 2011

Fouzi

The point about sharing this article was to try to tell that if you have the
type of attitudes we have in Pakistan (in terms of education), you end up
producing Islamofascists. I guess I need not tell anyone what is happening
in Pakistan thanks to educational policies funded and supported by the CIA
and Saudi Arabia. That now the United States will pose as a pious
grandmother preaching blessings of democracy and hatred for the likes of Al
Qaeda is another matter.

It may be the same case in some other Muslim countries here the US has been
spreading the light of democracy such as Saudi Arabia.

Regards.

Abbas Zaidi

  _____

From: lgpolicy-list-bounces+manoo=brunet.bn at groups.sas.upenn.edu
[mailto:lgpolicy-list-bounces+manoo=brunet.bn at groups.sas.upenn.edu] On
Behalf Of Fouzi Bellalem
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2011 11:05 PM
To: Language Policy List
Subject: Re: [lg policy] Muslims and education

Abbas, what was the point of this article? As I don't have a great
background knowledge on Pakistan's education, can you please give me an idea
on the nature of conflict taking place and why such a discourse is being
used by the author and for which political interest? I let you know my views
once I have a full picture.

Regards

Fouzi