[lg policy] Free seminar & wine reception to launch 'Sociolinguistic Research: Application and Impact', Mon 13 June, Birmingham (UK)

Dave Sayers dave.sayers at cantab.net
Tue Feb 23 20:56:11 UTC 2016

Hello sociolinguists of varying shapes, flavours, colours and sizes,

This is a gentle reminder, if any of you needed reminding, of the veritable event of
the summer, the auspicious schmooze & booze panel discussion set up to launch the
book I've been slaving over for the past four years with my equally long-suffering
co-editor Rob Lawson: https://www.routledge.com/products/9780415748520.

Here's the link with address and registration details:
https://slximpactlaunch.eventbrite.co.uk/ (no need to bring your ticket, even if it
pesters you to do). Three of the book's contributors and both editors will be there
to celebrate the book's long-awaited release into the wild.

We've intentionally scheduled this two days before the Sociolinguistic Symposium in
Spain - so if you're heading to the Symposium from abroad, how about coming via
Birmingham? Stranger things have happened.

There's also this neat little flyer for your delectation: https://goo.gl/LQ9pid.

Please please please redistribute this to absolutely anyone who may or may not have
the remotest interest in this event.

See you there!

Dave

--