[lg policy] Fully funded PhD scholarship opportunities at Sheffield Hallam University

Dave Sayers dave.sayers at cantab.net
Mon Jan 4 16:59:34 UTC 2016

"We are offering up to 30 fully funded PhD scholarships for autumn 2016. According to
the latest national Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014), our research programme
is ranked in the top five of all UK modern universities. Overall, 65% of our
submitted research received the prestigious 4* and 3* rating as world-leading and
internationally excellent."

More info at http://www.shu.ac.uk/ad/studentships/.

Note: this scholarship is separate from the UK-wide research council funding, so you
could apply here as well as there; they're not mutually exclusive.

Please pass on this information, and also note the close application deadline of 29th
Jan.

And, the application doesn't specifically mention the need to identify a supervisor,
though that's probably beneficial. I'm available as a possible supervisor within my
areas of expertise (broadly: language policy, variationist sociolinguistics,
sociology of language) and there are loads of other excellent people who you might
like to contact directly for other topics - see
http://www.shu.ac.uk/research/hrc/staff.html for humanities staff.

For other general queries, please contact fdsresearch at shu.ac.uk.

Good luck!

Dave