[Lgpolicy] Reminder: AAAL 2024 Retirement celebration for Dr. Nancy H. Hornberger this Sunday

jamie l. schissel via Lgpolicy lgpolicy at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Sat Mar 16 22:26:08 UTC 2024

We are delighted to celebrate the retirement of Dr. Nancy H. Hornberger on
Sunday, March 17th from 7-9:00pm during AAAL 2024 in Houston, TX. The event
will be held in the Regency Room on the second floor of the conference
hotel.

Please share this invitation and flyer with anyone who may be interested.

This special event is to celebrate the retirement of Dr. Nancy H.
Hornberger. Nancy is Professor Emeritus at the Graduate School of Education
at the University of Pennsylvania. She has been a long-time member of AAAL
and is internationally known for her work in bilingualism and biliteracy,
ethnography and language policy, and Indigenous language revitalization. In
this public event, we invite people to come together to honor her
tremendous legacy and we will showcase the impact of her scholarship
through presentations by scholars that are featured in recent special
issues on Indigenous language revitalization and the Continua of
Biliteracy. Following the presentations, our celebration will showcase the
sharing of photos and messages from the larger community about their
relationships with Nancy. Nancy will have the opportunity to address
everyone, and then we will transition into a social gathering, where we
invite attendees to share their well wishes.

Thank you and take care,
Frances Kvietok and Jamie Schissel