Cultural anthropology textbooks

Gabriella Modan modang at gusun.georgetown.edu
Mon Dec 13 16:06:29 UTC 1999

Can anyone recommend a good cultural anthropology textbook?  I've been
looking for a book to use with a class which will have no background in
anthropology, and most of the things I've seen have been quite exotifying,
or fairly limited in perspective.  Ultimately I'd like to find a textbook
that addresses at least to a small degree history/trajectories of
anthropological thought and the relationship of anthropology to
colonialism, and that also devotes some attention to anthropological
analysis in the US.

Please reply to me off-list and I'll post a summary.

thanks a lot,

Galey Modan