Call for Papers Languaging Conference 2000

Cynthia Dunn cdunn at unt.edu
Mon Nov 29 22:47:41 UTC 1999

This is an annual conference at the University of North Texas and I'd like to see linguistic anthropology represented--papers on metaphor, poetics, verbal art would be especially appropriate.

Cyndi Dunn

CALL FOR PAPERS
  Languaging 2000: A Conference Across Linguistics, Literature,
     and Writing
  Sponsored by the University of North Texas and the GSEA

CONFERENCE DATES
  3-4 March 2000

CONFERENCE LOCATION
  University of North Texas, Denton, Texas

CONFERENCE PURPOSE
  Languaging 2000 offers a forum for scholars from the disciplines of
  linguistics, literature, and writing, as well as the related
  disciplines of communication theory, philosophy, art, music,
  theater, film, etc., to examine "language" and "texts" both
  within these disciplines and across these disciplines.

  Languaging 2000 particularly encourages submissions that explore the
  intersections of "language" and "performance."

SUBMISSION DEADLINES
  U.S. mail:    Postmarked 1 December 1999
  Email:        5 December 1999
  Notification: 20 December 1999

SUBMISSIONS
  We encourage submissions that examine "language" and "texts"
  both within and across the following:
   --Linguistics
   --Literature
   --Writing
       (includes rhetoric/composition, technical writing,
       creative writing)
   --Related disciplines
       (includes communication theory, philosophy, art,
       music, theater, film)

  We welcome submissions that deal with
   --Cognitive Linguistics
   --Conceptual Metaphor
   --Linguistic Analysis of Literature

INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING
  Please find complete instructions for submitting
    -- Paper Abstracts
    -- Creative Submissions
    -- Symposia Proposals
  at our website http://www.unt.edu/languaging

  We encourage submissions from graduate students as well as
  professional scholars. We cannot accept submissions by fax.
  We accept submissions via e-mail at Linglit at unt.edu or
  U.S. mail at

    Languaging 2000
    University of North Texas
    Department of English
    P.O. Box 311307
    Denton, TX 76203-1307

CONTACTS FOR MORE INFORMATION
  For more conference information, please write to
      Languaging 2000
      University of North Texas
      Department of English
      P. O. Box 311307