language and religion

Shana Walton shana.walton at usm.edu
Mon Apr 10 20:04:50 UTC 2000

Anybody have any suggestions for a class on language and religion? It's
a broad topic and we've divided it up into
	sacred speech / sacred language use
	sacred texts
	linguistics in the service of religious causes

There are some pretty obvious ones like Bauman's "Let Their Words be
Few."
Kind of related, also, I remember something about some cassette tapes
available of Kuna rituals? or maybe Kuna speech? Didn't they accompany
one of Joel Sherzer's books?

Thanks in advance and if I get some replies I'll post them to the list
or they can be posted on a site somewhere for future reference for
others. My direct email is shana.walton at usm.edu

Thanks,

shana