MD recorder

Yukako Sunaoshi y.sunaoshi at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Aug 4 05:03:39 UTC 2000

If you have used a (Sony) MD player to record interaction, could you give me
your opinion of how it was compared to a conventional tape recorder? I've go
t an opportunity to purchase a recorder, and am debating which option to tak
e. According to the explanation I got from a Sony shop, a mini disc seems to
have better sound quality and an advantage of not wearing out (as well as la
beling different 'sections' of recording). The drawbacks I can think of are
1) I have to play back and forth using the same MD walkman when transcribing
it and 2) similarly, just to listen, I can't just pick any machine to play i
t. I have to use a headphone to listen to it using the same walkman. Any tho
ughts & warnings?

Thank you!
yukako

Yukako Sunaoshi, Ph.D.
Lecturer in Japanese
Department of Asian Languages and Literatures
The University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Auckland, New Zealand
ph:64-9-373-7599 ext.5739