call for AAA2000 papers

Laada Bilaniuk bilaniuk at u.washington.edu
Tue Mar 21 21:42:28 UTC 2000

Last-minute call for papers for AAA 2000 in San Francisco:

Blurring the Lines:  Crossing Borders of Gender and Language in the
Post-Soviet World
(may be revised to "post-communist" to include non-Soviet regions)

We are organizing a panel on gender, language and border-crossing in the
post-Soviet (or more broadly post-communist) world.  We invite papers that
explore gender and language, how their borders are being defined, and/or how
gendered identities play a role in the construction or blurring of other
boundaries, be they linguistic, political, or social.

We are looking for 3 or 4 more papers; we have a discussant lined up.
If you are interested in participating, please contact J. Dickinson
(jad5 at ualberta.ca) or Laada Bilaniuk (bilaniuk at u.washington.edu) with a
paper idea or abstract.

Logistics:
Since we have to mail out all the forms and applications by March 30, please
respond as soon as possible.  If we can include you in the panel, we will
ask you to fax the application forms; or we can fill out the application
forms for you if you send us the information by e-mail.

We look forward to hearing from you,

J. Dickinson and Laada Bilaniuk

--
Laada Bilaniuk