Linguistic Anthropology Digest V1 #695

kim anderson kiminha at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 20:56:30 UTC 2000

David,
Hi.  I can't answer your specific questions, but a great language policy website, w/ good
links, is Jim Crawford's, at
 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/JWCRAWFORD/
It should get you at least closer to answers.
Good luck,
Kim Anderson
--- Linguistic Anthropology Digest <owner-linganth-digest at ats.rochester.edu> wrote:

> Linguistic Anthropology Digest Thursday, November 9 2000 Volume 01 : Number 695
>

> Visiting Position
> CSULB JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
> prop 203 fallout
> ethics

> Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 12:00:48 -0600
> From: Marcia Farr <mfarr at uic.edu>
> Subject: Visiting Position
>
> Rank of Job: Visiting Professor, Rank Open (Fall Semester, 2001)
> Areas Required: Applied Linguistics/Phonology
> Other Desired Areas: General linguistics / TESOL
> University or Organization: University of Illinois at Chicago
> Department: Department of English
> State or Province: Illinois
> Country: US
> Final Date of Application: Review of applications will begin Dec. 1, 2000;
> open until filled
> Salary: $25,000.00
>
> Position Available in the Department of English, University of Illinois at
> Chicago
> Position Description:
> The Department of English at the University of Illinois at Chicago invites
> applications for a one semester position at the Visiting Professor, Rank
> Open level. The appointment will call for teaching two classes. The first
> is a graduate level introduction to Phonetics/Phonology/Morphology (for
> future teachers of ESL). The second class is yet to be determined.
> Applicants should be ABD or have a Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics,
> Linguistics, or a related field with demonstrated expertise in phonology.
> Application Information:
> The position will be for Fall 2001. Candidates should submit a letter of
> application, curriculum vitae, and names and addresses (including fax and
> e-mail) of three references. Review of applications will begin Dec. 1,
> 2000. The position will be open until filled.
>

> Applications should be sent to:
> Elliot Judd
> Director of TESOL
> Department of English (M/C 162)
> University of Illinois at Chicago
> 601 South Morgan Street
> Chicago, Illinois 60607-7120
>
> Information about the Department of English:
> The Department of English offers an MA in Linguistics/TESOL and an
> undergraduate minor in Linguistics. The TESOL Program is part of the larger
> division of Language, Literacy, and Rhetoric which specializes in
> Composition, Ethnographic Research into Literacy, Linguistics, and
> Rhetoric. The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is an Affirmative
> Action /Equal Opportunity Institution.
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 13:38:28 -0800 (PST)
> From: lemaster at csulb.edu (Barbara Lemaster)
> Subject: CSULB JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
>
> Hi folks,
>
> Just a reminder...PRE-INTERVIEWS for this position will be held at the AAA
> meetings, time permitting.  IF you are interested in possibly having a
> pre-interview, then you need to contact BARBARA LeMASTER.  You can fax your
> [...]

=====
Kimberly S. Anderson
kiminha at yahoo.com
kima at mail.utexas.edu
Anthropology Department,University of Texas at Austin