Qualitative data analysis software?

Kristine L. Fitch kfitch at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
Tue Sep 5 12:32:39 UTC 2000

I have used EndNote for years and it is LIFE-CHANGING wonderful:  easy and
intuitive to learn, ever more sophisticated in what it can do, essentially
unlimited in capacity.

The startup labor is the downside.  There are ways to download citations
directly from library catalogs, so anything that is a book can be put
directly into Endnote with no copying of any kind.  Articles are another
matter:  even if you found a master list of them, I don't know how they
would get into actual records (someone may know?)  A method I have used
that is at least somewhat timesaving involves cutting and pasting from an
existing bibliography.  I'd say I invested 8-10 hours doing that in the
beginning to get the first 300 or so basic references into Endnote, and it
has saved me so much time and effort since then it's no question it was
worth that.

Kristine