Real Unified Object

Christian Nelson cnelson at comm.umass.edu
Sun Mar 25 16:23:58 UTC 2001

I wholeheartedly agree with Celso's response to John McCreery's "The End of
Linguistics" post. Without wishing to cut off the debate on Halpern's article,
I do want to tangentially pursue one aspect of Celso's response that has
relevance for a particular project I'm working on. Celso mentions that some
require a science/discipline to present a Real Unified Object in order to be
deigned a "real science." Anybody out there have any good references to folks
who express that particular point of view in unalloyed terms?
Thanks for any help,
Christian Nelson