Real Unified Object

Maggie Ronkin ronkinm at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 25 17:27:55 UTC 2001

>require a science/discipline to present a Real Unified Object in order to
>be
>deigned a "real science."

Require or even just desire ... You might wish to look at _Concilience: The
Unity of Knowledge_ by biologist Edward O. Wilson (formerly of sociobiology
fame) ... I haven't yet.  In addition, there's mention of _Concilience_ and
discussion of Clifford Geertz's pluralism in Richard Schweder's review of
_Available Light: Reflections on Philosophical Topics_ by Geertz in
_Science_ Vol 290, 24 November 2000, pp. 1511-1512.

Maggie Ronkin