speech community (origin of the concept)

P L Patrick patrickp at essex.ac.uk
Fri Nov 16 10:30:42 UTC 2001

thanks to several people who inquired about my article,
Title (I forgot to give, but it's an easy guess!):
"The Speech Community"
It's available online in my papers section in PDF format at
http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~patrickp/papers.html

Info on publication of the Handbook of LV&C is at
http://www.blackwellpub.com/asp/book.asp?ref=0631218033

All our Essex sites were down yesterday at the time of discussion, incl
my pages as several people observed to me, but that was temporary so
should be no problem now. Anyone wanting an electronic copy of the
paper direct, just email me and I will send it. Comments and responses
very welcome.
	--peter

Prof. Peter L. Patrick
Dept. of Language & Linguistics