my thanks and a little explication

Jennifer Schlegel jschlege at ucla.edu
Mon Oct 1 19:01:00 UTC 2001

I'm posting my thanks to the list because the responses to my request for
film refs have been many,wonderful and incredibly helpful.  As I compile
the list, I'll make it available to all.

One respondant wanted to know what the National Alliance is and thought
that perhaps others wanted to know, too.

The National Alliance is a group led by physicist Dr. William Pierce, the
author of the Turner Diaries (you know, the how to build a bomb book).
Pierce lives in West Virginia where the National Alliance is headquartered.
They are a Neo-Nazi group that owns Resistance Records, THE label for hate
music.  The NA targets educated Christian white people and post fliers with
headings such as "Missing: The Future of White Children" and content that
is a tad more subtle than say the KKK.

I imagine that whereas the (former) Aryan Nations (under new leadership
since the seizure of their Idaho compound) and KKK will take the obvious
racist route in their propaganda following the events of September 11, the
National Alliance will be (and this is just a slightly educated guess) less
obvious and spout off about taxpayers' monies...

If anyone is interested in more info, contact me directly.  In any event,
if you should be the victim of or witness to any act of hate, please report
it to local law enforcement if it is criminal, and to your local or state
human relations council/commission.  Local law enforcement must notify the
FBI of any reported hate crime.  Human Relations Commissions have resources
available to help individuals and communities respond to incidents of hate,
and suggestions to prevent hate activity.

Again, thank you for your help.

Jen Schlegel

Jennifer Schlegel
jschlege at ucla.edu