demon - pronunciation question

Peter D. Junger junger at samsara.law.cwru.edu
Sat Aug 16 14:22:11 UTC 2003

Timothy Mason writes:

: BTW, it is quite easy to make a filter for 'linganth', basing it on the
: 'To' function.

That only works so long as no one uses the cc function to send a
message to the linganth list.

And Timothy Mason did not send the message to which I am responding
to the linganth list using the 'To' function; he cc'd it.  So his
message would not have been caught by his proposed filter; nor would
this reply.

I find that ``linganth'' is a unique enough term that one can get
away with a filter that looks for ``linganth'' anywhere in the message.

By the way, I believe that many years ago in High School in Wyoming
my English teachers would have objected to my use of the pharase
``unique enough'' since they denied that something could be more
unique than something else.  At least that is what an aging memory
recalls.  What is the current status of this ``rule''?

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
 EMAIL: junger at samsara.law.cwru.edu    URL:  http://samsara.law.cwru.edu